Role: Part-Time/Contract Accountant (approximately 20-24 hours per week)
Compensation: $35 – $50/hour
Start Date: Flexible, March 2023
To Apply: send resume to email@example.com
Who We Are
NonProfit Fiscal Management LLC (NPFM) provides outsourced financial management services to nonprofit organizations around the country. NPFM closes the financial expertise gap often found in nonprofits by delivering more than just accounting services; we provide complete financial management. This unique solution gives nonprofits access to all the levels of accounting services their organizations need, from CFO-level strategic guidance to basic transactional processing.
Our clients are in the business of helping people – from environmental services and social justice work to legal services and community organizing. We see ourselves as a part of their work. Contributing meaningfully to their missions is why we’re here.
We are a team of 12 spread throughout the US and Puerto Rico, with a CPA, Accountants, Data Service Specialists (bookkeeping), and Implementation Specialists.
What We’re Looking For
We seek a seasoned, dynamic accounting professional to be a Part-Time/Contract Accountant. The Accountant position will work closely with our other accountants, data service specialists, and CPA founder to handle several different organizations’ day-to-day bookkeeping and accounting. Our company is entirely paperless and remote.
We seek an individual who has an unwavering passion for working with nonprofits. The most qualified candidate should be committed to finding the right solutions to our client’s challenges, ultimately allowing them to focus on their work and missions. We are involved in every level of the accounting operation, from processing transactions to preparing budgets and financial reports and assisting these organizations in preparing for their annual audit and tax returns.
- Prepare annual budgets
- Prepare financial reports for funding sources
- Prepare quarterly financial statements
- Review transactional processing to ensure accuracy
- Participate in annual tax filings and coordination of annual audit
- Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions
- Respond to requests from clients on general accounting needs
Qualifications and Required Competencies
- Motivated by working with nonprofits
- Experience in nonprofit accounting (5+ years)
- Strong balance sheet analysis skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Technological literacy and the ability to learn software quickly
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent experience
- Experience with MIP Fund Accounting (preferred)
The pay range for this role is $35 – $50/hour.
NPFM is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting and supporting a diverse workforce. To that end, we especially encourage People of Color, trans and gender non-conforming individuals, people with disabilities, and other marginalized groups to apply.